ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Slowhand Slaughter - Get together tourny recap
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as an adult I don't call my Mom a douche LOL.

All kidding aside, I am an adult, but I do have a younger more playful side. Keep in mind my generation was the very first to start playing video games. I had pong. You turn a knob and a rectangle thing hits a square thing and makes a noise. We thought that was really cool.

These games are just a little better nowadays. It is a multiplayer games that is funner playinig in person, we scorehero'ers like to play at an elite level (OK stop laughing at me when I type elite in a reference to MY skill level).

So if there are older gamers, there can't be many. That said I can somehow get screwed liability wise if anything goes wrong. That is why we are going to play fake music games, hopefully really well, and nothing else.

todays relevant trivia (also an easy one)

Name the song and artist and songwriter.

"Cause he was too old, old, old for Rock and Roll, but he was __________"

edit - oh and Menzer should have said "he's an adult and has his own place and is the most awesomest fake guitar player singer bassist drummer." "OH wait you said Slowhand... nah he sucks, I beat him easy"
Vocal Stylings for Throat Punch
PSN - jaypen123
GH3 and RB community - Slowhand123
Menzer  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall I only beat you by like 10k on You Really Got Me back when I played you last time haha. I think I may have improved a bit since then though O.o

GH:WT Wii: Menzer (Guitar; Expert)
Friend Code - 403 891 900 471
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Menzer, if my math is correst, you win a huge "most Improved Bowler" trophy.
PSN - jaypen123
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
Well as an adult I don't call my Mom a douche LOL.

You would REALLY need to know both my mom and myself better lol. I call her a douche, she calls me a fag. It's all good. We have a buddy-buddy kind of friendship thing going on, which is pretty cool for most things.

I responded to your message and will see you guys on Saturday!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowhandddddd check your PMS! im runing out of time lol

OmicronPersei8  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big Thank You is in order to Slowhand for hosting such a great shindig!
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowhand Slaughter is now June 21st Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
EDIT 6-17-08
Too lazy to cut and paste so everything gets shifted down. Because I'm Lazy alright. So the highlights

Starts anytime after 4. I figured the most serious competition (if we even go that route) would be early evening. You are welcome to come and stay for all of it or as little as you'd like. If Slowhand beats you and you need to go cry I'll understand (side note - I'm so gonna get slaughtered)

Bring your stuff if you like/need to play it, or wanna show off. I like the custom/modded stuff that iI don't do because I'm lazy.

Any questions or concerns, PM me. I'll be checking this everyday now that we are less than a week away.

The enrollment is officially closed. I wish I had a bigger place and more people could come. But we may be cramped as it is. I got some serious furnature re-arranging to do.

I'll have some sandwiches, chips and some sodas. Feel free to bring your favorite beverages. Absolutley no -21 drinking. This is for fun, only kinda like a party. Pizzas will follow. Whether or not I spit in YOUR pizza depends on how willing you are to throw the competition.

Any one with video cam etc you could bring that. My cam/vid is no sound D'oh. If someone thinks there is a video worthy moment, bring one. I will take a few still shots to document for the rabid ScoreHero crowd. They will be photoshopped. I will win.

BRING ON ZE SLAUGHTER!

Edit 6-6-08 I got a second LP for the GH3 now, and it works better than my original. The react is OK, tough to whammy. So if some one has a perfect LP they should still bring that. And I got the 50' ethernet so xbox can be hardwired to the router if thats the way we go.
So I think we got about 10 players plus however many of my friends show up to gawk at fast fingers. It's hilarious they think I'm good. Ha wait til they see actual talent........
I'm now thinking about how to move furnature around to fit everyone. Anyone have bleachers I could borrow? A zamboni? I did mention we would be playing on ice skates right?

Slowhand
Menzer
Cliff + 1
Joe
Brian
Rosstopher
Squish
Omicron
Pope
Kev (?)
Ed S25
?Cara, Richie, Sharon, Jeff M, Booch?

And with that, my living is FULL. Peace out.

EDIT 5 6-5-08 Sarm in/ Sarm out - please make up your mind dude before I hope you _______________ OK no extra credit - name that song. And the earlier first x credit no one got/tried was from UFO. Remember them? Schenker is a guitar god. I think the song is called "I'm a loser" (see angst was around for awhile) and I figured it out on guitar so that's why it's in this thread :p
And somehow this got stickied. Yeah for stickies. But wait. No one reads the stickies! So far so good. I doubt Serges will make it, he is starting a new 2 man league that very night. WHich I was gonna join but I have plans for the 21st. Hell with it, I'll just leave my house unlocked, TV on and me and Cliff will go to the bar. Have fun kids, beer's in the fridge. Ha ha. Since I know the gov. is watching this thread to keep America safe, I have to type that that was a joke. And the reason for the update is got a PM from a not a total douche guy who may or may not come yet. His scores seem competitive so watch out 5th place. He will win the travelled furthest to play fake guitars award.

EDIT 4 5-28-08
OK so with the tall ones reply that pretty much fills the list. Sarm if you know me at all you know there's never such a thing as "if it's too late".
Now if folks have suggestions on what to do etc. I think we're gonna play video games of some sort.
I should have my TAC controller adapter by then, hope it works., I'd love to use a pick again especially for Rock Band. I am so gonna kick all your asses when I can use a pick. Dead meat. Dead dead meat. Just thought I'd start the impotent trash talking a little early.

EDIT 3
The date of the Slowhand Slaughter ( I should copywrite that) is now officially June 21st. Over a month away but..........

Players led to the Slaughter so far
Omicron (Paul)
Joetons of letters + Brian?(Joe)(Brian)
Popemobile (crud.... Jim or Mike. What I had like 6 shots of tequilla)
Kev227 (Kev)(I'm assuming, pope said we)
EdS25 (Ed)
Cliff +1 (Cliff and Beyonce?)
Menzer (ah crap again..... but it sounds cool to call somebady Menzer so that will do)
Sarm etc. (Micah) if he doesn't smell
Some REALLY mediocre non-SH friends of Slowhand (Jay)
Rosstopher -- sorry bad with names

Plenty of time to hear from Serges. He's usually working that night so...... I will likely see him before this and try to shame him into coming. And losing. To Pope on drums. Then to Kev. On drums. Then to Cliff. On drums. Then to me on...... ah crap.

Shaping up nicely. Let me know what the food/drink preference is. Dinner's on me by the way if that wasn't clear.
If any confrimed don't have my # and address, PM me.

EDIT #2 - Responses so far indicate -
A - I'm awesome, trogdor
B - Sat. June 21st is OK too
So........ unless there's objections from Cliff, the new date is the 21st, Pope or no pope. A bit farther away, hope nothing comes up. See ya then.

EDIT - updated list, one minor prob. so more responses please.
Pope actually made it through school somehow and graduates that day.
Do we move it to the 21st?
Continue with orginal day and depending on how this goes I do #2 on the 21st or other day? I good with either way, I just didn;t want to keep pushing it back until it never happens. So if 21st is good let me know. And thanks for responses so far, this could be fun. That's the concept anyway. I should have mentioned spouses are OK yada yada

OK so to all I have PM'ed, I made this topic for responses.
If there are ideas comments, suggestions, put them here.

Sorry this is invite only, my space is only so big.

Still looking at getting together on Saturday June 7th. See edit.

Best date?
6-7-08 Pope conflict, so new date is
6-21-08
5-31-08

I'm thinking any time after 4 is fine. If that's too early, come later. No end time set, I gotta work Monday. Extra credit is you know what song this line is from - "You can come to my place and sleep on the couch. Lotsa people do it and we won't leave you out."

Rock Band or GH3? (PS3 version, you've been warned)

Jimmy John's or pizza?

Tourny's or freeplay?

Bring -
I'll have some adult beverages, no -21 drinking please.
I have 2 LP and 1 React.
Fav gitars or customs.
Fav drum sticks.
Anyone with a mod. pedal (mine works fine but if you like yours...)
If you have a modded kit that you wanna show off.......
Ear plugs cause my singing sucks.

So far yes seems to include -
Cliff +1
Menzer
EdS25
Omicronpersei8 +1

Likely -
Sarm (possible move day)
2 non-SH friends, and maybe another chick singer.

Should be fun, many plastic buttons to hit.

Still waiting to hear from some other Jakes crowd. PM me

PSN - jaypen123
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check my thread (link is in my signature) for a small recap of the night and eventually some videos. I didn't take any pictures for some reason, but I have two pictures of the one thing I brought back from the experience. So yeah, I'll bump my thread again when I have the videos up, and I'll post in here too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time Slowhand. Thanks for the fun and the food.
Slowhand  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok and your welcome. You two are pretty good at those games.

Squish is a pretty good drummer. He and Joe took second place. Mighta had me and Pope on teh ropes if it went onto GGaHT.
PSN - jaypen123
SQU15H  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we might had had a chance if I hadn't had to play WGFA, that song is my kryptonite.
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should not have tried to sing Orange Crush lol. Easy song, but no damn points compared to drums. I really should learn to play those

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Slowhand Slaughter is now June 21st Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
6-23-08

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ATTENDED FOR MAKING A GREAT FUN EVENING!

I don't have time today to write a properly funny recap of the day, but that will get written and I'll add some pics of the event.

I had a blast, you guys are all really friggin good at this, and met some new people. All in all Great sucess.

I'll need to add up the # of miles traveled to get to my place - shows the dedication of the fellow SH addicts. Hope it was worth it, hope ya had fun.

Real quick then.
Special thanks to Joe for the custom disc that got a real workout, and to Menzer who hauled a TV over to create the second stage at SLowhandapalooza.

And got to acknowledge the winner of the 2 man Rock Band tourny, double elimination.

It was (get ready to laugh) SLOWHAND! with a little help from the Popemobile! Who managed to go undefeated despite the "I got Slowhand as my partner" handicap. Lots of good competition, and there's actually some strategy involved.

So I'll update the OP in the next few days, and once again, I had alot of fun, thanks for coming out.

SLOWHAND

bumped fopr recap part 1
PSN - jaypen123
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely loved the story with random bits about people thrown in. Especially, "Ross sings like a girl" out of no where lmao. It's true though, I do

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, do you have any plans for a Slowhand Slaughter part Deux yet? Nothing cool happens in Illinois (guitar hero wise), so I've been looking forward to a second one since, well, I left the first one.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RosstopherSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: